EHS Business Partner
As one of the top 100 industrial groups in the world and one of the 100 most innovative companies, our business (Saint-Gobain) requires a EHS professional with strong Environmental knowledge and experience to support the EHS Director to deliver the UK & Ireland EHS requirements at a local level through proactive support provided to business units within the operational region. This role will be primarily based in County Cavan/County Monaghan however your wider role may require you to visit a number of sites across Ireland and Northern Ireland. Safety expertise is also desirable.
To support the Regional EHS Director to deliver both Saint-Gobain and UK & Ireland EHS requirements at local level through proactive support provided to business units within the operational region. A very strong emphasis on customer service, agility and responsiveness to the businesses need in the region and active collaboration with the Regional EHS Director to allow for;
- Provision of EHS guidance and support for all sites, management & staff within the region
- Assistance & advice to all businesses within the region to improve Environment, Health and Safety standards in order to ensure compliance with the country regulatory framework and Saint-Gobain policy.
- Promotion of best practice to engender a proactive approach to EHS culture development and achievement of world-class EHS standards
- To be a key influencer to the Site Leadership Team and challenge, support and guide best practice and forward thinking in all areas of Environment, Health and Safety
- Build collaborative relationships with the site team and active involvement with the overall regional Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team to ensure that professional value adding services are delivered to our customers in an effective and timely manner.
- Main point of contact on site in relation to statutory bodies such as the HSA, EPA and third-party stakeholders. In relation to the environment, take the lead with the EPA and build strong credible relationship as well as ensuring all correspondence, returns and submissions are completed in time an in full (including use of Eden).
- Support in delivering both business and site sustainability projects: Group Sustainability targets for Energy and Carbon, water, waste and raw materials and biodiversity.
- Promote continual improvement in all site environmental practices and strive toward making progress in our ambitions toward net zero carbon and implementation of circular economy.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Knowledge and experience in EHS with a strong emphasis on environment
- Environmental Qualification and / or NEBOSH certificate and/or Diploma level in Health & Safety or similar
- 3 + years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or has demonstrated experience and responsibility with the management and reporting activities associated with an EPA Industrial Emissions License
- Experience of implementing and maintaining energy management systems and preferably experience of EU ETS
- Experience of and able to work in a team environment, under own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Experience in building networks within various sites and experience with building relationships with external stakeholders such as EPA, HSA and auditing bodies
- Willingness to be flexible and travel throughout the region when required