Tape & Jointing
Tape & Jointing
Outline description of course:
A one day hands on practical course undertaken within a workshop environment at one of Ireland’s Saint-Gobain Technical Academy’s (Dublin or Kingscourt).
Instructed by one of the Technical Academy’s experienced trainers the course addresses the fundamental principles and application of the paper jointing tape process which is often an essential requirement to ensure the claimed performances (e.g. fire resistance) of dry-lining systems are achieved.
Attendees are instructed in best practice sequencing and application techniques relating to all stages of the jointing process from surface preparation through to finishing and readiness for surface decoration. Working within their own dedicated individual working bays attendees are then given the opportunity to practice these key stages across a range of common detailing situations which include different board edge types, internal and external angles on example plasterboard lined walls and ceilings.
The course also informs the content of the relevant codes of practice and demonstrates the common mistakes and site issues with display samples showing what can happen when the paper tape jointing process is not applied in accordance with best practice guidance.
- Health & Safety on site
- Overview of tools, equipment and materials
- Board preparation ahead of the jointing process
- Mixing jointing powders to correct consistency
- Bedding the paper tape, filling a finishing stages
- Tapered edge and square edge board joint situations
- Internal and external angle situations
- Understand best practice sequencing of joint types
- Codes of practice content and acceptable tolerances
- Avoiding common mistakes and site issues
- Preparation for decoration
Other course details:
Locations: Saint-Gobain Technical Academy’s, Kilcarbery Business Park, Dublin
or Saint-Gobain Technical Academy’s, Lisnagrow, Kingscourt
Duration: 1 day
Start time: 10:00
Finish time: 15:00
Lunch: Buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided
Course Capacity: 6 Attendees per course
- Attendees are expected to have a basic knowledge of construction principles
- A basic ability and understanding on how to use hawk and trowel
- Attendees are required to bring and wear their own safety footwear
- All other required PPE (Gloves and Glasses) will be provided on the day