Machine-applied Plasters Course
A one-day practical course undertaken at our Saint-Gobain Technical Academy in Kingscourt
This course provides experienced plasterers with the opportunity to observe and trial the use of Gyproc plasters suitable for machine application.
The course will include an overview of the appropriate equipment required to spray apply from a machine and understand the common machine settings to ensure that flow, pressure and throughput is appropriate to the thickness of plaster required. Each attendee will then apply their own sample area of the Gyproc OneCoat plaster.
Guided by one of the Technical Academy’s experienced plasterer’s, attendees will be instructed on the recommended tools, techniques and timings required to level and finish Gyproc OneCoat. They will also be given the opportunity put these skills into practice on the areas they had earlier machine applied.
Attendees complete the day’s course with a broader understanding of the efficiencies that can be gained from machine applied plasters and the high standard of finish that can be achieved when using the Gyproc OneCoat plaster.
- Overview of Gyproc plasters suitable for machine application
- Introduction to the new Gyproc OneCoat – Benefits and scope of application
- Health and safety considerations when using spray applied machinery
- Overview of plaster spray machine, set up, operation and clean down
- Common machine issues and how to avoid them
- Application of sprayable plasters to masonry substrates
- Specific tooling requirements when machine applying plasters
- Levelling and finishing techniques for Gyproc OneCoat
Other course details:
Location: Saint-Gobain Technical Academy, Kingscourt
Duration: 1 day
Start time: 10:00
Finish time: 16:00
Lunch: Buffet lunch and refreshments will be provided
Course Capacity: 8 attendees per course
Scheduled course dates 2019:
Course dates may be subject to change. Additional dates may be facilitated for large groups upon request subject to availability.
- Experienced Plasterers
- Attendees are required to bring and wear their own safety footwear
- All other required PPE (Gloves and Glasses) will be provid