MF Suspended Ceilings Installer Course
Outline description of course:
Improve your knowledge and practical skills in the construction of CasoLine MF concealed grid metal framed suspended ceiling systems. A one day hands on practical course undertaken within a workshop environment at one of Ireland’s Saint-Gobain Technical Academy’s (Dublin or Kingscourt).
Instructed by one of the Technical Academy’s experienced trainers the course addresses the fundamental installation techniques to construct basic CasoLine MF suspended ceiling systems. Building suspended ceilings in full accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions is essential for site sign-off and compliance where performance characteristics (e.g. fire resistance) are required as part of the buildings design requirements.
Working in small teams, attendees will be given an opportunity to interpret drawings, set-out and correctly install an area of CasoLine MF framing and boarding. Attendees will also receive instruction in the techniques required to create ceiling bulkheads, change of level details and create framed opening to receive access hatches.
The course also informs the common components required, opportunities to adapt systems further and the content of the relevant codes of practice related to suspended ceilings.
- Health & Safety on site
- Overview of tools, equipment and materials
- Sizing and cutting plasterboards
- Working with light gauge metal framing
- Interpreting drawings and setting out
- CasoLine MF construction and sequencing
- Fundamental construction requirements
- Change of level detailing
- Creating ceiling bulkheads
- Openings for service doors and hatches
- Codes of practice content and acceptable tolerances
- Avoiding common mistakes and site issues