Partitions Installer Course
Outline description of course:
Improve your knowledge and practical skills in the construction of Gypframe metal framed partition systems. A one day hands on practical course undertaken within a workshop environment at one of Ireland’s Saint-Gobain Technical Academy’s (Dublin or Kingscourt).
Instructed by one of the Technical Academy’s experienced trainers the course addresses the fundamental installation techniques to construct standard Gyproc metal stud partition systems. Building partitions in full accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions is essential for site sign-off and compliance where performance characteristics (e.g. fire resistance) are required as part of the buildings design requirements.
Working in small teams, attendees will be given an opportunity to interpret drawings, set-out and correctly construct a basic typical GypWall metal stud partition which includes a number of common details often required in site situations. Attendees will be instructed in the correct application of junctions, framed openings, door apertures, socket boxes and deflection heads.
The course also informs the common components required, opportunities to adapt systems and the content of the relevant codes of practice.
- Health & Safety on site
- Overview of tools, equipment and materials
- Sizing and cutting plasterboards
- Working with light gauge metal framing
- Interpreting drawings and setting out
- Partition construction and sequencing
- Fundamental construction requirements
- Junction detailing requirements
- Openings for doors and services
- Inclusion of deflection head details
- Codes of practice content and acceptable tolerances
- Avoiding common mistakes and site issues