A one-day course covering both theory and practical demonstrations. The course takes a fabric first approach for residential buildings outlining how to achieve compliance with the Fire, Sound and Conservation of Fuel & Power elements of the relevant sections of the current ROI Building Regulations.
• Develop the attendees knowledge and awareness of the content of three of the more prominent sections of the Irish building regulations
• Understand what compliance in accordance with the Building Control Act means to the respective members of a project team
• Understand how to use and interpret the associated Technical Guidance Documents that accompany the building regulations
• Understand how the implications of each regulation reflects the choices of materials and systems used within the construction of a domestic dwelling
• Provide attendees with an understanding of how and where Saint-Gobain products can contribute towards the demonstration of compliance with the regulations
Attendees are expected to have a basic knowledge of construction principles.